Monday, August 15, 2005

More Good Movies

There's a couple more movies I'm looking forward to that I forgot to mention before. With trailers:

Proof - that rarest of things, a movie about mathematics. I'm not sure whether my math major friends will be entertained or dismayed by it. But I saw it on stage a few years back and it rocked. (September 16)

Corpse Bride - Finally, the sequel, more or less, to The Nightmare Before Christmas. Only took a decade or so. We must have been very good boys and girls to get two Tim Burton films in one year. (September 23)

Serenity - Joss Whedon's utterly amazing TV series, Firefly, finally comes to the big screen. (September 30)

The Fog - remake of the 1970s John Carpenter horror flick of the same name. I've considered it a forgotten gem for a long time; apparently somewhere else is too. Hope it manages to be as atmospheric, no pun intended, as the original. (October 14)

The Chronicles of Narnia - Nuff said. (December 9)

And the trailers I neglected to link to last time:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - November 1?

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - November 1?

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - November 18.

Rent - November 23.

1 comment:

Derrick Stolee said...

i'm a Final Fantasy whore... replaying FF7 left me less enthused about the ending (it was more cinematic before I played 8,9, & 10) but more enthused about the movie.