Sunday, November 20, 2005

No, I'm not dead

...I've just had a busy couple of weeks. Sorry if I've let you down. I'll see if I can catch y'all up.

Halloween: Adam and I went to a Halloween party dressed as Katrina and Rita. If that doesn't earn you a direct ticket to hell, I don't know what does. We had hats piled high with clouds, assorted dangling debris, misting fans, Mardi Gras beads, and of course, pitchers of Hurricanes. Won the costume contest, too, though I don't really remember too much after that. I always mix drinks a lot stronger than I intend to. It's a gift.

Birthdays: Mine was pretty uneventful. Cafe Trio is yummy. My parents and my brother both decided to get me wine, apparently without any coordination. And my favorite gift, believe it or not, was the terrycloth bath robe. The kind they give you at really nice hotels and spas. Everyone should own one.

Derrick's birthday up in Lincoln, on the other hand, was pretty darn eventful. First the boy's team wins the ACM regional programming contest, and then he polishes off 21 shots worth before it's even midnight. Last we saw him, he'd passed out on his bathroom floor. My sources tell me he eventually woke up, but I'm waiting for independent verification.

Anyway, congrats to Derrick and his team, and good luck at the internationals in San Antionio.

No comments: