Monday, November 29, 2004

Yin and Yang

Things are so much simpler when one person Knows and the other Does Not. My mentor at work is a far more experienced programmer than myself, and knows a lot of things about Cerner's systems that I don't. But I knew at least one thing he didn't: in Java, the default constructor of a superclass is always called from any constructor of a subclass. In my case, this was causing a circular call stack that eventually caused the JVM to die, suddenly, quietly, and without exception. But since we both had pieces of the puzzle without the knowledge of the other, we wasted a good hour of unnecessary debugging. Alas.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but Holiday Spice Pepsi is really, really good. Cinnamon and ginger. Yum. Give it a try; I'm going to stock up while it's still available.

If it's late enough and not too icy, like tonight, driving home through the snow is awesome.

1 comment:

Derrick Stolee said...

you like the holiday spice? wow, you ARE crazy.