Monday, July 04, 2005

Mostly good things

Found out that I'm going to be a judge for the American Royal's annual BBQ contest, which I understand is one of the largest in the country. They say to expect about a pound of meat an hour. I think I can handle that

I'll miss you, Sandra Day O'Connor. More to the point, I'm pretty sure we're all doomed. At the very least I don't count on maintaining any of the civil liberties I've gained in the past twenty-odd years. The least-worst-case scenario is for Bush to pick a libertarian conservative, but I'm not holding my breath.

Fortune cookie received the other day: "Birds are entangled by their feet and men by their tongues."

I've been up in Lincoln and Omaha this weekend, seeing Mark, April, Matt, Christy, and Kim. It's been so long since I've had someone to share stories with that I'd almost forgotten I had them. Good to see them all. And watch things explode.

No comments: