Saturday, May 28, 2005

Show of the Week

Been watching Firefly, Joss Whedon's aborted masterpiece. For quite a few of my loyal readers, I can best describe it as a live-action version of Cowboy Bebop. The setting, the characters, the situations are all highly reminiscent. With a little bit of Trigun thrown in for good measure: every planet they visit looks like the Old West, and the soundtrack is all violins and guitars. Pretty good so far; if I continue to think so to the end, I'll probably have to go see the movie that's coming out.

Edit: I almost forgot the most awesome thing. The characters all speak English, except when they swear, which is always in Mandarin. Hee.

My apartment building has an old shopping cart residents' use living under the stairs. Yeah, it's ghetto, but it was also handy when you had a carload full of stuff to haul upstairs. Couldn't have moved in without it. So imagine my horror today when I saw that it was broken. Wheel snapped off; now it sits crippled in the corner. How the heck do you break a shopping cart? The things are damn near indestructable; they're not popular with the homeless set for nothing.

No comments: