Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Environs

It's been a week of noticing random things:
  • Smelled someone making toast in the break room, and realized it was the first time I'd so much as smelled it, much less eaten it, in over a year.
  • Poster of the month, on lampposts/windows/elevators etc, is "ISO 9001". It's good that we're certified and all, but I'd have thought it more of an order qualifier than an order winner.
  • There's a treadmill in a third floor conference room. Not for exercise, but as a sample of a medical equipment interface from a vendor. I doubt anyone's ever even used it.
  • What looks like a snack bar or cafeteria annex is under construction in the lobby. Imagine how much time and productivity employees will save when they don't have to walk across the street.
  • All the lights seemed brighter on the way home. First evening in a week without rain, snow, or fog.
  • New carpet for the hallways in my apartment is stacked next to the elevator. Whole place smells like Nebraska Furniture Mart.
  • Turns out my Linksys router knows how to update itself against DynDNS.org. Everyone else probably knew this, but I hadn't.
  • The cap on my vanilla vodka wasn't tight when I put it back into my wine rack, so now my countertop is covered in sticky vanilla syrup.

No comments: