Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Oddities

[Writing this for the SECOND TIME since the site crashed...]

Thought inspired by a bathroom wall: if I went to a Husker game and shouted "GO GIVE HEAD!", would anyone notice? Or care?

Article of the day: a comprehensive history of Social Security. Long but educational. EDIT: No, that's now the secondary article of the day, because I just found out that an old friend of mine (the first one on this page) appears on the Van Helsing DVD commentary.

Finally finished The Minish Cap, the latest entry in the Zelda legend. It's a bit shorter and easier than the recent games, more of a throwback to Link to the Past. But it's also very original, with lots of new mechanics, weapons, and puzzles. And the world is quite a bit bigger than it first seems due to its constantly shifting nature, a bit like Chrono Trigger. Highly recommended if you're a fan of the series (and own a GameBoy Advance).

This Saturday, I'll be going on what might be my strangest date ever: to the Roller Derby. You heard me right. I'll try to write up an account afterwards, but I have a feeling that I might be at a loss for words.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Hahaha, you're famous-once-removed. And now, of course, I want to know what the bathroom wall said.