Sunday, July 25, 2004

In Vino Veritas

Spent the evening at James Arthur Vineyards with Whidden, Holley, and the Elder Holleys. I hadn't been there in a long time, back when it was little more than vines. They've come a long way since. Twenty-one different varieties of wine, sold all over the state, not to mention a very posh store and gorgeously landscaped grounds. Oh, and resident kittens too! If I ever managed to get a date, it would definitely be a place I would go.

Five bucks gets you sample glasses of six different wines; they've also got cheese, bread, chocolate, etc, and live music on the weekends. I think my favorite was the Edelweiss (also their biggest seller), with the Vignoles being a very close second. Both semi-sweets, even though I usually go for semi-dry. We also tried a bottle of the ice wine, which is extremely expensive, extremely sweet, extremely alcoholic, and extremely good.

What else did I do this weekend, anyway? Last night seems like last week. Oh, right: Animal House. I realized that my reaction to it is probably pretty common: if only college had actually been like that, and, college occasionally was like that. I mean, to me, everything that happens in the movie seems perfectly logical and straightforward. Kinda scary. Kinda cool.

No comments: