Friday, July 23, 2004

Somebody turn off the bubble machine

A nice evening at Ghettowood with Whidden and Holley and the Selleckites (Johnson and Stolee). Pizza, swimming, drinking, and Stargate. What more can a man ask for in life? Also, hot tubs rock. I hadn't been in one in forever and had almost forgotten their orgasmic wonderfulness. Need to find an apartment complex that has one...

I found myself getting into that nice, relaxed, among-friends groove again, as discussed a while back. I know I must come off as recklessly blunt and honest sometimes, the things that come out of my mouth, but really, my guard doesn't go down all that often. Were I to go around saying the things that were really in my heart, there'd be far more compliments than the usual, sarcasm. But it turns out that the vast majority of my friends don't respond well at all to any sort of admiration or praise. A pity. By and large, I think they deserve it.

...and just when my own life is going so well, reviewing other blogs I see that one of my best friends' life has just exploded into a million pieces. Time to go be a friend, I think.


No comments: