Wednesday, July 21, 2004

The Tortoise and the Hare

Out of the blue today, got an email from my very first ex, whom I hadn't seen or heard from in at least six years. Stranger still, instead of updates about life (or at least location), the bulk of the email is devoted to anime recommendations. I... well, I don't know what to think, I guess. But I did reply.

Theory: highly competitive people instinctively recognize and focus on their own kind. I won all the board games we played tonight, and it wasn't skill, but it wasn't just dumb luck either. While I largely ignored the other players, they spend a good deal of time and energy on obstructing one another, and ignored me. And all of a sudden, I'd won. Fool you once, shame on me; fool you twice, shame on you.

July Jamm is this weekend, and I'll be volunteering on Friday and Saturday. Come by and see me, why don't you. The food is good, the music is good, and admission is free through the afternoon. Looks like it'll be a little cooler, too. If nothing else, you must try the Jiffy Burger: bacon, monterrey jack... and peanut butter.

No comments: