Friday, June 18, 2004

Biker Beer

Mike Wrenholt's birthday tonight. Stupid management test made me miss the burgers, but at least I think I aced it. Once I finally did get there, I mixed up a batch of radler, a German concoction I became quite fond of while I was studying there. Half wheat beer, half lemonade, it's really good stuff, particularly in the summer. Everyone else who tried it seemed to like it too.

Headed downtown to Bricktop after that, a bar I'd never been to before. I'd been told by reliable sources that it was "practically a gay bar anyway". Now I see what they mean: besides the techno, dance floor, and actual gay men, there were lots of (IMO) straight men who dressed and acted as if they ought to be gay. Stupid cultural cross-pollenation. Stupid Queer Eye for the Straight Guy...

I did confirm an earlier observation, though, which is that techno tends to put me into an ultra-relaxed, almost sleepy state. Maybe that's supposed to be the intended effect - I'm thinking of trance here, although the music tonight wasn't. Nobody else seemed to be reacting that way, though. Wierdness.

No comments: