Monday, June 28, 2004

Live from the Twelfth Floor

Posting from my hotel room in Kansas City. Ethernet ports in every room. What a wonderful world we live in, that this is becoming a semi-standard feature. Love the booby-traps though. Have a complimentary bottle of water! PS: We'll charge $4.00 to your bill if you do...

Cerner is literally wining and dining us - dinner was at a really, really nice restaurant here on the plaza. Perhaps I misevaluated who needs who more; they're really going out of their way to convince me that it's a nice place to work and nice city in which to live. When, in reality, if I didn't think so, I never would have applied in the first place. Ah well. Real interviews are tomorrow noon, and I will in fact be going to see Spider-Man 2 at midnight, and head home Wednesday instead.

More decisions from the Supreme Court today, and unlike last week, these are really cool. Holding people indefinitely without trial? BAH! Take that, Bush. Glad to see the Supremes occasionally remember that we do have a few bedrock legal principles in this country.

No comments: