Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Both Sides

Republican National Convention started today. I really think that they missed something by not nominating Senator McCain four years ago, or even this year for that matter. It's very possible that I would have voted for him.

The questions I ask my friends are often the questions that, consciously or not, I want to be asked myself. Sadly, none of them ever figure this out.

In a society that permits free speech, there's really only one thing that shouldn't be permitted: detachment or indifference on topics of great importance. Grow opinions, people.

Here's one now: you deprive yourself of much in life if you can't enjoy a thing without comparing it to every other such thing you've ever experienced. Recent example: certain acquaintances of mine who are unable to visit or even discuss the Nebraska State Fair without comparing it to other state fairs, amusement parks, exhibitions, and god knows what else. Just loosen up and have some fun, seriously.

Tom, they still carry a torch for you back here in Lincoln.

No comments: