Monday, August 09, 2004

A death in the family

So yeah, one of our cats died while I was away this weekend. I can't say it comes as a total surprise - she was sixteen years old and had been sick for a while. But it still sucks. Even more so for my brother, who actually had to bury her himself since the rest of us were out of town.

Other than the news waiting for me at home, a pretty good weekend all around. Definitely leaning towards a loft now; need to call them tomorrow and snap one up before they get rented. A second night of drunken debauchery at Rusty's; this time, drunken computer assembly! I think we must have done something wrong, though, because he can only get Doom 3 to run at 5-10 FPS, despite having a really nice graphics card, plenty of memory, and the latest versions of everything. Maybe he'll have figured it out by the time he reads this.

This week is the last week of summer classes, meaning that in a few short days I'll have a degree. Another degree. I swear, they're starting to seem like baseball cards or something...

1 comment:

Derrick Stolee said...

i'll assume that it's a driver update that is in store. the packaged ones always suck.