Friday, August 13, 2004

Red Letter

Tomorrow should be a good day: besides Ribfest again for lunch, the evening brings the Olympic Opening Ceremonies and new episodes of both SG-1 and Atlantis. Alas, I'm likely to miss the latter because of a thrice-accursed reception at CBA for graduates. Bah. It's a good thing I have BitTorrent or I might be really pissy.

I'm a bit torn over Gov. McGreevey's resignation, though at a personal level I can sympathize with him. I can't decide whether he made the right decision for the wrong reasons, or the wrong decision for the right reasons. I also question just how much honor there is for a man in upholding a dishonorable and dishonest wedding vow. It doesn't excuse an affair, but it might be high time for them to go their separate ways.

One of life's small pleasures: introducing your boss to Rejected.

Do you ever get the feeling that you're living your life backwards? The best way I can sum up my overall mood lately would be: The Elder Days are gone. The Middle Days are passing. The Younger Days are beginning...

No comments: