Saturday, August 14, 2004

Higher Higher Education

Graduated today (again, again). I love this whole summer commencement thing: 800 people instead of 2,300 makes it surprisingly tolerable to sit through. I started to tell a friend today that he could call me Master Beermann now, before realizing that he already does call me that on a semi-regular basis. It's just never really registered before. I'm flattered. I think.

Two of my cousins, brother and sister, both had baby girls arrive recently. One has the first name Regan; the other, the middle name Marin. Am I the only person who's seen The Exorcist?

On my drive home from work, I pass a field where a fellow has been camped out for the last few days. Above him is a large, handpainted banner reading, "CANCER SUCKS!" You tell the man, buddy.

No comments: