Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I may have misspoken...

...if I implied in my previous post that Myst IV was pretty nifty. It's absolutely fucking amazing. Proof: when you start the demo, stay put, but spin the camera around so you're looking up, perhaps in the direction of the moon. Leave it like that for a few minutes. I've seen a lot of things in video games before, but I haven't seen anything look quite that good, and for a throwaway detail, no less. It makes me want to fly to Ubisoft Studios and hump the animator's leg.

Also, a hint: once you pick up the only item in the demo, go back and revisit the earlier areas. Some will have changed.

So, it seems that I'm having lunch with Eric Graber (!) and his girlfriend (!!!). What exactly she's doing in Lincoln, much less in the United States, remains to be seen.

1 comment:

Derrick Stolee said...

what's she doing?..

...probably graber...