Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Go west, young man

I'll be in Colorado over the New Year's weekend, chilling out mostly. Boredom might strike when I least expect it, so feel free to give me a jingle.

I was hoping to read a few books while I was there. Specifically, the Baroque Cycle: Quicksilver, The Confusion, and The System of the World, all by one of my favorite authors, Neal Stephenson. Come to find out that there are precisely four copies each in the entire Kansas City public library system, and they're all checked out. Meanwhile Lincoln, a city one sixth the size, has twice as many copies. Shameful. I also feel vaguely dirty having to ask my brother to check out books for me...

Random shout out to Will Norton and his acapella group, whose CD I'm listening to right now. It's good stuff.

1 comment:

wnorton said...

Thanks for the shout out. Perhaps that's deserving of a complimentary copy of the sophomore album.