Thursday, December 23, 2004

Home for the holidays

Finally broke down and bought the Zelda Collector's Edition for GameCube, which includes the Legend of Zelda, the Adventure of Link, the Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. Probably one of the best investments I've ever made. They're all just so infinitely replayable, I'm not sure I'll ever get tired of them.

For reasons unknown, my apartment complex has been frantically remodeling of late - first a few hundred new lighting fixtures, and just recently, a stone tile floor for the previously linoleum lobby. Which forced me to use what I like to call the "decoy" door: it looks like it ought to be the main entrance, and gives the building its address, but there's no way to buzz visitors in. If you ever stop by, don't be deceived!

The parents passed through on Tuesday, with my brother in tow and - surprise! - a kitten that they managed to buy during their twenty-four hours in St Louis. A Maine Coon, to be exact. It's an adorable little thing, that wandered my apartment and ripped up my carpet while we went to dinner. I hope she manages to make friends with the cat we already have...

Last night, saw the Phantom of the Opera with Matt, Steven, Rusty, and Stack. I thoroughly enjoyed it; but then, I'm also a big fan of the musical it's based on. It's really more like an opera, as the name suggest: nearly everything is sung, with little flat dialogue. But if you don't mind that, and you like Andrew Lloyd Webber's music, then I would highly recommend it.

I've gotten an astonishing number of Christmas cards and letters, considering I didn't think that many people had my new address. If one of them was from you, gentle reader, my sincerest thanks. I'm headed back to Lincoln after work this afternoon, and will be there for most of the following week, so give me a jingle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ouch